When it comes to being a healthier version of yourself, it isn’t solely about a number on the scale. Your lean body mass and ongoing metabolic rate are vital components.
Semaglutide dosing and progress varies greatly from person to person. We provide regular monitoring to minimize any side effects and to maximize your results. Biohackr physicians and RN’s have extensive experience with semaglutide, hormone optimization, lipo C, and other peptides to help sustain your results.
Your pathway to optimization includes a baseline InBody composition analysis, vital signs, and blood work. Weekly check-ins are done to ensure your journey is a healthy one.
Find your optimal YOU with our experienced practitioners at Biohackr Health.
SEMAGLUTIDE AT A GLANCE
WHAT: Semaglutide is a GLP-1 medication that is used to manage weight and high blood sugar level. It is a glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonist. It works in three basic ways. 1. It slows gastric emptying, which makes you feel full longer. 2. It works centrally in the brain to decrease your appetite. (It has also been found to reduce addiction impulses.) 3. It increases the production of insulin and is thought to enhances growth of the cells in the pancreas which produce insulin.
Currently medication is injectable, but oral forms are coming. At Biohackr, we offer a home program after initial intake.
TIME: Weekly injection of GLP-1 medication. After your first injection we have a take home plan (some restrictions apply).
COST: Baseline intake, which includes labs, vital signs, InBody composition scan, weight loss consult, including 4 injections of semaglutide and one vitamin injection and a Rx approval.
Monthly fees after intake, which includes a monthly InBody Scan and vital signs:
4 injections .25-1.25 mg = $600: 4 injections 1.5 – 2.4 mg = $800
SCIENCE: It is effective. Large scale trials in 2021 were done showing “75% of people who received semaglutide lost more than 10% of their body weight, and 33% lost more than 20%. This really is a game changer.” This is a well studied and proven medication. We at Biohackr agree it is a gamechanger.
Benefits of Semaglutide
In addition to statistically significant weight loss, semaglutide has been shown in published scientific studies to improve:
- Weight loss
- Reduction in waist circumference
- Lower BMI
- Lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Lower hemoglobin A1C a marker for pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Lower fasting plasma glucose
- Lower C reactive protein
- Lower fasting lipid levels (cholesterol)
- Higher quality of life
Recent studies have indicated it helps with heart failure patients as well. Don’t forget the obvious benefits of lower weight — easier exercise, less stress on joints, easier mobility, and looking better in clothing.
What do you need to know?
Before starting semaglutide:
- You should be monitored on the medication to assess labs and insure you are maintaining your muscle mass during your weight loss.
- You should try to do the lowest effective dose and slowly ramp up dosing to minimize side effects.
- Risks: There are some studies which show increased thyroid issues in mice.
- Side effects can happen, particularly GI side effects like nausea, diarrhea, and constipation. More severe side effects like pancreatitis and severe gastric emptying delay have been described.
Benefits of Semaglutide at Biohackr Health
At Biohackr Health, we are proud of our many success stories. We were early to offer semaglutide and have treated hundreds of patients. Our Semaglutide program offers a multitude of benefits including:
- Monthly Body Composiiton Analysis
- Experienced Registered Nurses who have treated patients long-term and understand the nuances of semaglutide
- Access to IVs and Nausea Medications
- Take-home packages with close supervision
- Extensive laboratory work-up
- Sermorelin, Lipo C, and Testosterone to help maintain results