When discussing lifespan and anti-aging methods, we are finding that social connection is very important. At Biohackr Health, we can’t totally fix that for you (feel free to be social and host an IV party or a bookclub at our clinic!); however, we are here to educate you on how to age better, and study after study keeps proving this theory.
This was a study published in the Journal of American Medicine (JAMA Internal Medicine), which showed that spending time with your mom actually increases her life expectancy.
- 1,600 adults, average age 71
- Followed for 6 years
- Assessed whether they were lonely or had healthy social lives
- Found that 23% of lonely participants died as opposed to 14% of those who had adequate companionship
- Found loneliness significantly correlated with decline in quality of life
- Loneliness increased the risk of depression, cognitive impairment, and health problems, even leading to earlier death
- They discussed the thought that assisted living for older adults may be better, as residents are around other people
This is not new data. We know the blue zones’ key to longevity involves social community and a sense of purpose. Studies going back over a decade share the same sentiment with us: “Loneliness in Older Persons: a Predictor of Function Decline and Death,” JAMA 2012, CDC; “Loneliness and Social Isolation linked to serious health conditions,” in a report from the National Academies of Sciences Engineering and Medicine; and “Loneliness, Social Integration, and Incident Dementia Over 6 Years, Prospective Findings from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing” in the Journals of Gerontology, 2020.
How can Biohackr Health help?
We are focused on treatments that help keep your brain healthy. From NAD, hormone replacement, and IVs focused on micronutrients to help brain power, we are focused on prevention. Brain health reduces brain inflammation, improves brain fog, helps regulate your sleep cycle, and may help with depression or dementia.
Education is also important. First and foremost, we are trying to help educate. We are bringing you facts based on scientific studies. Keep following our blogs and website for more approaches to improve how you age. Healthspan and lifespan are so important.
Optimize aging. Optimize you.