RETINOL SERUM is the workhorse of skincare. For all ages, and all skin types. It is great.
ALL-TRANS-RETINOL is the pure and active form of vitamin A. This is medical-grade strength, not over-the-counter. It helps improve the look of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration, and pores while improving global skin texture and tone. Our retinol is equivalent to Retin A 0.05%. Retinoid products have been proven for decades to be the gold standard of preventing skin aging. We love our serum because it includes other additives which help calm the skin as well as reduce redness and irritation. No product works well if it’s in your medicine cabinet, and not on your face.
What is Retinol?
Retinol is a Vitamin A, which is an antioxidant. It has been shown to do so much. It helps prevent damage in the skin from sun and photoaging. It is good for acne, psoriasis, hyperpigmentation, and keeratosis pilaris. Retinoids increase skin turnover which helps with skin brightness and acne prevention. It blocks collagen breakdown from UV sun exposure. Retinol also induces collagen synthesis, which helps skin texture and thickness as you age.
What Ingredients are Included in the Biohackr Retinol A Formula?
- ALL-TRANS-RETINOL: The pure and active form of vitamin A, which helps enhance the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration, and pores.
- BAKUCHIOL: A botanical antioxidant that offers calming benefits to reduce skin irritation.
- LICORICE ROOT EXTRACT, which protects skin from environmental stressors and helps with age spots.
- GREEN TEA POLYPHENOLS: Another antioxidant.
- CAFFEINE: Boosts antioxidant activity and reduces redness.
How Do You Use Retinol?
- When starting, always apply at night.
- Start every other night for 2 weeks. If tolerated, bump up to nightly.
- Know Retinol may make you more sun sensitive, particularly when you just start — great to start in the winter when sunshine is not as prevalent. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
- For those who have sensitive or thin skin, or for those who want to “work up” to the strength of Retin A, this is a great starter.
- Don’t forget the neck. For women with wrinkles between their breasts, don’t neglect the decolletage.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.